If you have adult acne, you’ve probably tried everything to clear up the pimples, oily skin and redness. Adult acne can cause embarrassment, frustration, and even pain. A new laser treatment called Smoothbeam™ can help you get clear skin. Here at Advanced Skin Care & Laser Center, our doctor, a board-certified dermatologist, is proud to offer this treatment to our patients and encourage you to learn more about it.
What is Smoothbeam™?
Smoothbeam™ is a laser resurfacing treatment specifically designed to treat adult acne. This technology is used to address a variety of issues pertaining to oil, acne, scars, moles, wrinkles, and bulbous noses. If one or more of these apply to you, you will be able to see improvement with Smoothbeam™.
How Does It Work?
Most people with acne have oily and enlarged pores. They produce the bumps we call pimples. Smoothbeam™ shrinks the pores and slows down oil production in the sebaceous glands. Smoothbeam™ is a non-ablative laser resurfacing treatment used widely by doctors. The lasers emit focused heat onto areas that show acne, enlarged pores, skin discolorations and scars.
What are the Benefits?
- It clears up acne and dries up excessive oil.
- Using the treatment makes your at-home acne solutions penetrate deeper into skin and work better.
- Since Smoothbeam™ is a laser treatment, it also heals wrinkles, sagging and dull skin.
What is the Procedure Like?
- It can be done in-office.
- A handheld device is used to apply the laser.
- You can return to your normal activities after a treatment session.
- After a treatment, you should protect your skin from sun exposure.
- You will start to see results soon after treatment. You may need multiple treatments to achieve the optimal results; the number of sessions you need can be determined at your initial consultation.
Learn More About Smoothbeam™
If you’re tired of dealing with breakouts, pimples, and acne scars, discover what Smoothbeam™ can do for you. To learn more about this state-of-the-art treatment, feel free to reach out and make an appointment with Advanced Skin Care & Laser Center! At our convenient location in Wyomissing, PA, board certified dermatologist Dr. Comite and her dedicated staff will be delighted to explain the ins and outs of this process and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!